Indigo & Shibori - Natural Dye Kit
This natural indigo dye kit is packed with everything you need to create a bundle of permanent, dyed patterns on any plant-based fabric. Graham Keegan has gathered the finest quality ingredients and supplies for you: the beginner to intermediate dyer. May this kit inspire and challenge you to create new, beautiful work.
- Naturally derived indigo pigment
- All necessary activation and setting agents
- Protective gloves
- A blank cotton gauze bandana
- Wood clamps and cotton cord
- Illustrated instructions
- Two five gallon buckets: one for dyeing, one for rinsing
- A long mixing stick
- Hot water
- For best results, dye small pieces of natural fabric, or lightweight natural fabrics with open weave structure.
- Dyes up to 5 lbs of fabric or a dozen garments depending on coverage and shade.
- Prep your vat then wait 24 hours for it to mature before dyeing.
Vat stays viable for weeks, just stir and revisit.
Warning: This kit contains Indigotin, Calcium Hydroxide, Iron Sulfate and Citric Acid which can be harmful if used improperly! Follow all instructions carefully. Adult supervision required. Conforms to ASTM D-4236.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.